CENTER FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES (CPWD)
You’re someone who cares about making a difference. You’re patient, kind, and self-motivated. You communicate well, with both sensitivity and respect.
This is a volunteer-based position that will create and maintain the volunteer program for CPWD. The Volunteer Coordinator will recruit, orient, train, and oversee volunteers to meet the needs of the organization. Responsible for organizing and scheduling orientations for new volunteers, and assisting with development of personnel policies and procedures. Oversee special projects and perform other tasks, as assigned.
This position can have a flexible schedule. You could work either part- or full-time, eight or more hours a week.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess volunteer needs at CPWD and develop partnership with volunteer programs at Foothills United Way (Volunteer Connection) and Mile High United Way
- Generate appropriate volunteer opportunities and role descriptions, based on the needs at CPWD
- Raise staff awareness of the role and the function of volunteers
- Conduct and/or arrange volunteer orientation and training
- Monitor, support, motivate and accredit volunteers, and their work
- Organize and participate in volunteer recognition programs and special events
Required skills and capabilities
- Relevant volunteer coordination position
- Knowledge of volunteer program processes and best practices
- Strong ability in using MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel and MS Powerpoint) and Google applications
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle data with confidentiality
- Excellent organizational, time management and planning skills
- Proven project management skills
- Demonstrated capability to conduct one’s self in a calm and professional demeanor when dealing with difficult situations
- Demonstrated capability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
- Demonstrated capability of problem solving
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of staff and volunteers
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and with frequent interruptions
- Ability to travel between CPWD offices, as needed
Preferred education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree or related field and/or equivalent experience
- Experience in volunteer coordinating and project management
- Personal experience with disability is strongly preferred; people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
How to apply:
Please use the reply email above to submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com explaining why you are a good fit for this position. We look forward to hearing from you!
Certified Nursing Assistant
CNA's - Come work where you are truly appreciated: Boulder County!
Do you like working with a consistent client load in a home care setting, where you are appreciated by clients as well as management? Do you like the independence of home care, making visits on a variety of people during a shift? We want to meet you!
Nights and Weekends
Service area covers Boulder County - mainly Boulder, Longmont, and Lafayette.
Earn: $15/hour plus a great shift differential of $1/hour evenings during the week
$16/hour weekends plus $1/hour weekend evenings.
Mileage and all travel time reimbursed.
Must have reliable transportation plus insurance.
Current CNA license in Colorado required. Willing to train to home care.
CPWD is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Definition of a Center for Independent Living
Centers for Independent Living (CILs) are consumer-controlled, community-based, cross-disability, nonresidential, private, nonprofit agencies; designed and operated within local communities by individuals with disabilities. Centers require 51% of staff be persons with disabilities as well as 51% of Board of Directors be persons with disabilities. CILs provide an array of independent living services, including the core services of information and referral, independent living skills training, peer counseling, and individual and systems advocacy. (http://www.ed.gov/programs/cil/index.html).